Asset Management Leadership
2-Day Training Seminar
Understanding your asset management priorities and best practices
When properly executed, Physical Asset Management can significantly impact an organization’s bottom line by reducing maintenance costs, increasing the economic life of capital equipment, reducing public liability, increasing the reliability of systems and components, and reducing the number of systems and components.
This seminar provides participants with the tools and methodologies to achieve maintenance excellence specifically for the asset classes found in an organization.
The cornerstone of this training is the maintenance excellence pyramid. It supports the principle embodied in the approach that successful maintenance organizations implement the upper layers of the pyramid once a solid foundation has been laid at the lower levels. The pyramid is based on the book “Asset Management Excellence, Optimizing Equipment Life-Cycle Decisions” edited by John Campbell, Andrew K. S. Jardine, and Joel McGlynn.
Key insights and value of this Seminar:
This two-day free seminar on Asset Management Leadership is being offered by FAHM Technology Partners in partnership with IBM, a global leader in asset management software solutions. The seminar is being led by a world-class instructor Don Barry who brings with him a wealth of experience on this subject. He is able to relate theory and practices and will share his real-world experiences and learnings from various corporations and organizations.
The seminar will provide insights into:
- How to facilitate an Asset Management Maturity and Systems Assessment
- Create an Asset Management plan, policy, and strategy
- Create a culture of Asset Management Training and Organizational Development
- Organize key Asset Management data collection and related KPI reporting
Participants attending this program will receive the following:
- Certificate of Participation
- Signed copy of Don Barry’s latest book on Asset Management Excellence
Who Should Attend
This onsite program is designed for professionals seeking structured executive management training.
Supply Chain and Asset Management Practitioners seeking to gain a broad understanding of leading management principles for a successful Enterprise Wide Asset Management program.
Program Managers, Project Managers and Procurement
seeking to gain an introductory understanding of Asset Management
who want to learn fundamental management principles to advance their career or upskill with a certificate or completion.
seeking to keep up with current trends in management, ramp up on the latest advancements in the field, and move into a senior management position.
Asset Management Introduction-Sponsored Alignment and Management Scope
- 10 key focus elements to success in Asset Management
- The leading practices in Asset Management
- Maintenance Corporate Alignment and Scope
- How to assess your organization’s maintenance maturity
- How to develop and prioritize Asset Management improvements for the short and long term
- Role of Maintenance Parts in Asset Life-cycle
The value of properly executed maintenance (Planning and Scheduling)
- Executing Maintenance efficiently
- Planning and Scheduling game
Risk and Reliability
- Executing Maintenance effectively
- Managing Equipment Risk and Reliability
- RCM high level introduction
- Role of Reliability in Asset Life-cycle
- IT and IoT in Reliability and Asset Life-cycle
Introduction to Total productive Maintenance
Introduction to Change Management
- How Change Enablement can be applied in Asset Management
- Sustainability Insights and Asset Management
- Key metrics for Asset Management
- Fleet case study to work with the 10 elements of Maintenance Excellence
- Optimizing Methodologies
- The value of Asset Management standards such as ISO 55000
Market Influences and Systems Evolution supporting Asset Management
Implementing Asset Management
- A strategic approach to achieving maintenance excellence: Getting the technology, process and people mix right
- Key initiatives to take back to your organization to improve your asset management
Don Barry is a Principal Consultant with FAHM Technology Partners and leads the Asset Management vertical. He is an experienced instructor of Asset Management principles, a licensed RCM2 Practitioner, and an instructor with the University of Toronto since 2004. He was previously with IBM for over 40 years and he comes with extensive maintenance and consulting experience, focusing on mainly asset-intensive industries.
Publications: John D. Campbell; Andrew K.S. Jardine, Joel McGlynn with main contributions by Don Barry: Asset Management Excellence: Optimizing Equipment Life-Cycle Decisions, Second Edition, in Book, CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group, 2010, ISBN/ISSN: 9780849303005